I had scheduled to cook Monggo Guisado yesterday but didn’t go as planned, so today I got to cook it finally.
Here’s how I did it…
- a pack of monggo (mung bean), as for me, I bought a P15.00 pack. It’s enough for the whole day’s meals.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1/2 cup malunggay leaves
- 1-2 pc/s. eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 pork bouillon cube
- 2 packs of chicharon, my alternative for pork
- fish sauce to taste
- Put monggo beans in a casserole, bring to a boil or until cook. Set aside.
- Sautè garlic, onion and eggplant. Add the monggo beans, pour enough monggo stock as desired.
- Put pork bouillon cube and chicharon. Simmer, add fish sauce to taste.
- Lastly, the malunggay leaves. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
Just a note, this dish is cooked for two big tummies and one little tummy.